BMC Operator is a new component added as part of the release. It is a software extension of Kubernetes and is used to manage various BMC operations that include the deployment and management of BIOS, boot order, volume, firmware and event subscription operations.
More information on BMC Operator and its operations are documented in BMC Operator Readme.
Support for additional SecureBoot APIs
Additional SecureBoot APIs supported in the release include:
For more information on these APIs, see the SecureBoot section in the Resource Aggregator for Open Distributed
This is a new feature to print the logs on console or append them to a file. When you set the value to false, the ODIM logs are redirected to a log file. Setting the value to true displays the logs on console. The default value is false .
Ubuntu OS version
The current release of ODIM is compatible with Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS version.
Updated Docker image versions of ODIM services
For information on the latest Docker image versions for ODIM services, see https://github.com/ODIM-Project/ODIM/tree/main#building-docker-images-of-all-resource-aggregator-for-odim-services.
Task support for additional APIs
Here are the API URIs that have task support for the release:
For more information on these APIs, see the API Readme.
Here are the improvements being made for the release:
The current release of ODIM supports Redis version 7.0.11.
The current release of ODIM supports Kafka version 3.4.0.
Security fixesEnhanced security
Support for the updated Redis and Kafka versions have fixed the security issues.
The following issues are fixed in the release:
- Properties in Syslogs are separated by more than one space.
- Value appears only for a few properties in logs.
- For URP and ACI plugins, the UUID is not removed from the manager collection after you remove the plugins from ODIM.
- Creating an event subscription with the same systemid in origin resources returns 400 error code in the response.
- The HTTP
GEToperation on ODIM and plugin Managers in
LogServices/SL/Entriesreturns 500 error code in the response.
- Included additional properties in logs that include actionID, actionName, level, messageID, processName, procID, threadID, threadName, and transactionID for better traceability of operations in logs
- Addition of debug logs for multiple ODIM RA services
- Performance improvements during the addition of servers in ODIM RA
- Performance improvements during task communications with database
- Separation of Redis and sentinel containers into different pods for better handling of database failovers
- Resolved multiple vulnerabilities found in GitHub code scanning workflows
- Support for dynamic updation of log levels for ODIM RA services
- Support for ODIM RA services log output in Syslog or JSON formats
- Support for updated Redis version 7.0.8
- Support for updated Golang version 1.19.5
- Removed dockershim support and added support for "containerd" container engine
- Support for upgraded version of Kubernetes 1.24.6
- Support for upgraded version of Kubespray 2.20.0
- Updated versions for all ODIM RA services
- Updated ConnectionMethod variant versions for plugins
- Updated content in the Troubleshooting Readme document
- Procedures for backup and restore of etcd, Redis, ODIMRA and plugins configurations
- Bug fixes