- receive HTTP 201 (accepted replies) from the plugin along with task URI. relay this response
- create a task that maps to the task passed on by the plugin
- send this new (ODIM) task to the client on the north side.
- Allow the client to query the status for such tasks
- Alternately allow the client to subscribe for such task updates without having to poll
- Update plugin implementation guide to handle BMCs or south end entities that generate task themselves(provide links to redfish task schema)
- create a task in ODIM even if the plugin does not do so.
Note #3 and #4 above is already available for task created by ODIM itself as per the redfish Task schema. #3 above will allow the client to query and find the current status of the task. #7 is needed as it will avoid timeouts in client calls. The list task status supported by redfish are