- Start Recording
- LF Antitrust Policy
- Discuss if we need to change the day/time for the Tuesday TSC Architecture meetings.
- ODIM 21.08 release reminder – starting integration testing Aug 2nd, first release candidate mid-Aug, release end of month.
- gRPC discussion
Changing the meeting day / time for the TSC Architecture meeting.
Meeting will now be once a week on Wednesdays, starting a half hour earlier and going for an hour. The agenda will now include both the architecture discussions and general topics.
ODIM 2021.08 release update
- Entering integration phase (first two weeks of August) and RC builds (second half Aug), release at end of month.
- Most of the features shown on roadmap are in the release.
- After the August release, the team should review the upcoming roadmap and 2022 plan.
- ACTION ITEMS:
- Muthu (AMI) will update the Composition Service schedule and plan.
- Susan will check with Rafal (Intel) about Dell plug-in testing going on.
- Everyone in this team is welcome to look at the ODIM Roadmap and specify edits.
Martin Halstead (HPE) gave an update. (Starts 46:50 into the meeting recording)
- There have been a couple of conversations with Google.
- It turns out that Google has developed something themselves similar to ODIM – a Redfish standard northbound API for a heterogeneous infrastructure. Therefore, it is unlikely Google will participate in LFN ODIM.
- Google has a software implementation of gRPC that includes a mapping to Redfish. They are willing to open source it, and collaborate with LFN ODIM.
- There is a white paper document that Google plans to share for LFN ODIM review.
- There is a plan for future calls to discuss the white paper once it is reviewed, and getting access to the code. Contact Martin if you would like to participate in future discussions.