TSC Meeting Zoom || Meeting Recordings

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below.  Community members tag themselves in the section below the voting members.

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

LF Staff: Casey Cain

Community: Susan Bowen Jon Mechling @Taskin Ucpinar Rafal Sztejna 



  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items
  • General Topics
    • Discuss how this interwork with device manager will help ODIM and device manager projects (30 minutes)
    • Discuss collaboration between device manager/ODIM projects and the way going forward  (15 minutes)


Taskin explained about

  • the management controller which is a dash board that lets one configure devices and trigger collections from the devices.
  • network devices are polled as frequently as 100 ms and servers once in 500ms
  • gRPC is the north bound interface sued and most vendors use event integrations with servers
  • some customer use simple update service and inventory
  • ODIM is considered for server management and for the fabric/whitebox plugins
  • ONF customers need perhaps a yang plugin 
  • big sites could be managing upto 3000 devices
  • edge core prefer to develop something only when there is a guaranteed business opportunity
  • do not see a need for hierarchical managers

Intel interested is seeing participation of OCP members before beginning work on the interwork

Action Items

  • No labels