Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC Meeting Zoom || Meeting Recordings

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below.  Community members tag themselves in the section below the voting members.

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

LF Staff: Casey Cain

Community: @name1 @name2 @name3

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items
  • Releases
  • TAC & SPC Updates
  • Marketing Update
  • General Topics
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Releases

https://github.com/ODIM-Project/ODIM/releases/tag/21.08 - ODIM 21.08 released on 31/Aug/2021

Community health discussion

  •  Not discussed

Support redis streams as alternative to Kafka bus

  •  The proposal was changed to make changes only on the ODIMRA side. It was decided to support both approaches -
    • current one where the plugins implement the message bus interface per message bus and programming language,
    • the other being a adapter that listens to redfish events from the plugins and publishes to the message bus used by ODIM
  • The plugin implementers can decide which method they prefer and use either of the two.
  • The adapter may be brought in via a different proposal when there is a need for a plugin to use this. 
  • Currently we do not have the cycles to build this redfish event adapter.
  • ODIMRA will have to be changed to add support for each message bus type regardless of the approach taken by plugins.
  • Email sent to TSC with request for voting members to reply back: +1 to approve, -1 to decline.

Talk by Taskin Ucpinar on edge core device manager

  • Taskin from edge core presented the device manager architecture and uses. This may continue the next week.

Discussion about voting process

  • Send email with resolution
  • Voting members respond +1, -1. (yes or no)
  • Tally the results.
  • Include results in minutes (if happens during the meeting), or in the next week’s agenda
  • with a link to the voting email stream.

Action Items